This little sweetie is a new favorite of mine!! It is relaxing and it is great for sore muscles. Of course it has tons of therapeutic value, here are few of the properties listed on Pompeii’s site;
*At a Glance Sweet Marjoram gives us stress relief (calming), loosens tight muscles and cramps (think restless legs), and helps turn down the mind (for insomnia blends), and is warming.
I have been receiving some great recipes from Aromahead’s Andrea Butje and here is what she has to say about this little bottle of marvelous!
|Sweet Marjoram loves to experience the world through its sense of touch.
It likes to wear organic clothing that feels soft on its skin. Its sheets are 600 thread count. It gives itself face mask treatments twice a week, and once a week it either soaks in mineral-rich warm water or does a full-body mud wrap. Sweet Marjoram also loves to feel the weather on its skin—the soft touch of the wind, rain, and sun make Sweet Marjoram happy to be alive.
So Sweet Marjoram goes out of its way to take care of its skin. Its favorite thing about that? Blends that take care of its skin, feel good on its skin!
Here’s a body butter that Sweet Marjoram makes by hand and uses daily to moisturize and protect its precious skin.
Sweet Marjoram’s Sweet n’ Soft Skin Butter
- 1 oz (28 g) beeswax (Cera alba)
- 2 oz (60 ml) jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis)
- 2 oz (56 g) cocoa butter (Theobroma cacao)
- 2 oz (56 g) coconut oil (Cocos nucifera)
- 26 drops Sweet Marjoram (Origanum majorana)
- 16 drops Geranium (Pelargonium × asperum)
- 32 drops Sweet Orange (Citrus sinensis)
You’ll need four 2 oz (60 ml) glass jars for this blend. It makes 7 oz (210 ml) of body butter, and I find it’s helpful to break it up into smaller jars (the smaller jars are easier to find).
Start by setting up the Stovetop Melting Method. Put a Pyrex measuring cup in a soup pot that’s ¼ full of gently simmering water. Then follow these directions in order:
- Melt the beeswax in the Pyrex.
- Add the jojoba and remelt. You can stir gently with a glass stirring rod or the handle of a stainless steel spoon.
- Add the cocoa butter and melt.
- Add the coconut oil and melt.
- When all of the ingredients are melted together, remove the blend from heat and add the essential oils, stirring gently.
- Pour the blend into the jars.
I hope you love this body butter blend! The base—just the carriers without the essential oils—is the same recipe I use for most of the body butter blends in my book, The Heart of Aromatherapy. (I am so excited, the book has surpassed 100 reviews on Amazon!) You can find the book at Aromatics International.
We are happy to carry Sweet Marjoram at Honest Aromas and we have been experimenting with new custom blends utilizing it’s amazingness! Give us a call we would love to get some into your hands today!